Re: [WriteLog] Fresh installation

To: "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Fresh installation
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:47:57 -0700
Yes.

WriteLog installs writelog.ini in the Windows directory.  That invokes
Windows Virtual Store to put any edited writelog.ini files into the
VirtualStore area.  The idea is to protect the user from writing into the
system area and inadvertently breaking a program.

The result is that the initial writelog.ini created during installation goes
into the Windows directory, but any edits cause the changed writelog.ini to
be stored in the VirtualStore directory.  This causes a lot of user
confusion.

WriteLog only puts the "Edit Writelog.ini" program menu item on Vista and
later OSs.  This is to aid the user in finding the working writelog.ini
which is not in the default location WriteLog installs it.

Ed W0YK