Re: [WriteLog] Can not switch TNC???

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Can not switch TNC???
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 15:35:02 +0000
Gang,

OK, I am a happy camper now. I have a xmmt-mmtty window running for each Flex vfo and my microHAM SO2R+. And after I realized that I was back to the old mmtty interface and needed to set PTT in mmtty, not in
Rttyrite, I was able to make contracts on each radio.

What I did to get going was to uninstall the mmtty plug-in. Unzipped the xmmt.ocx. Also 2tone (but did not unzip it yet).

Then I removed the mmtty lines from each rttyrite section of the writelog.ini - not the whole sections as has been recommended because I wanted to save the locations, etc that are also there. Mike, K4GMH suggested removing the stuff on the right of the = for the two lines in writelog.ini that begin with "CustomTnc..." But I did not seem to have these two lines in my Windows 7 version of Writelog.ini. I do see such lines in my older XP copies of writelog.ini.

I then installed version 11.10 on top of version 11.08. I was then able to follow Don's setup to get xmmt mmtty running for each "radio".

When I opened rttyrite for the first time, I did get a rttyrite message about "Failed to create custom TNC handler:Writelog.WlMMTtyTnc.1" So that info re: the mmtty plug-in was present somewhere (registry?). When I pressed on, rttyrite offered to remove the reference to mmtty in the Tnc menu "There is a partially uninstalled custom TNC driver installed. May I attempt to remove its menu entry now?" I said "yes" and then all proceeded just fine. Very nice help prompt.

So I will let it run for a day or so and then tackle 2Tone.

Thanks to all for the help

Jerry, W6IHG