Re: [WriteLog] AFSK and a PTT Port?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] AFSK and a PTT Port?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 00:25:33 -0500
I agree with Joe and Ed. However, I would still recommend that users not employ
2Tone in the main Rttyrite window when transmitting
AFSK. Despite NET being limited to +/- 60 hz with 2Tone, you cannot guarantee
that your transmit frequency will be what it was on
your initial transmission to a station. On the second transmission, random
noise or nearby QRM can cause AFC to change your
frequency and NET will then having you transmitting off frequency from your
initial transmission. I just think it's a poor operating
practice.

73, Don AA5AU