Re: [WriteLog] AFSK and a PTT Port?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] AFSK and a PTT Port?
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:10:34 +0000
Right on. I want to transmit just where I was calling CQ.

And although tuning RIT is nice on a radio that has a knob to twist, the Flex has a little thumb wheel control thing that is extremely awkward to use with the mouse. I figured out how to use the FlexControl knob when running but since I still need to set a PTT with hardware on one "radio" and I don't like the NET idea, I am back to MMTTY this morning.

If you have to use AFSK, this seems to be working just fine that way.

Jerry, W6IHG