[WriteLog] RTTY PPT delay

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY PPT delay
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 09:23:43 -0800
I've been struggling to make a few QSOs in the SPDX RTTY contest and band
conditions are simply awful.  However, it is providing a bit of a test bed for
the new XMMT.ocx interface.  I've been noticing two things on transmit.  One,
in the main Rttyrite screen that prints in blue italics text, my macro messages
print erratically.  Sometimes they print out character by character, as with
the MMTTY plug-in, other times the entire macro dumps onto the screen as soon
as the F key is pressed, and still other times I see part of the macro print to
screen, then a slight pause and then the rest of the macro dumps onto the
screen.  Both of my clone windows, one with 2Tone the other with MMTTY, print
the macros correctly character by character.  I don't know what the problem is
with the main Rttyrite screen, but it seems to be sending ok despite the weird
appearance.

On another note, I use the microHAM MKII keyer and router software with my FSK
setup.  It seems to me by ear that both the PTT lead and tail are longer than
what I'm used to hearing with the MMTTY plug-in.  The PTT tail seems
particularly long and I've tried adjusting that setting on the PTT tab in
router to no avail.  Is there something in XMMT.ocx that is causing this?
Anyone else notice it or just me?  I think I will reinstall the MMTTY plug-in
and see if that makes a difference.

73,
Gary AL9A