Re: [WriteLog] new to writelog

To: w0yk@msn.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] new to writelog
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 19:12:56 -0400
Paul

Still not 100% sure of the question but Writelog will do what you are
asking about. It will also work as a general logging programme using an
existing template like "dxpedition" or "General logging" or you may also
create a custom log. For you seem to be asking about Writelog will do it.
In the end you will need some form of interface to get CW from the computer
to the rig. In that regard a simple homebrewed device will work quite
nicely. You may find that many vacation destinations are needed moreso on
digital modes which might require a more involved interface. In Writelog
you can be all manual right through to fully automated. That's entirely
your choice.

For what you seem to be aiming at though, maybe N1MM nay be more your cup
of tea. N1MM is basically free while you'd be buying a rolls royce and
stripping away all its engineering and safety features if/when you buy
Writelog.

GL and have fun.

Regards,

Dean - 8P6SH

PS - Yes I know its the Writelog reflector so hope I haven't breached any
written or unwritten protocols by mentioning N1MM.

*Dean St.Hill*
*
*
*Counterpoint Consulting *