Re: [WriteLog] CW direct keying

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW direct keying
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:08:09 -0700
Been using that simple transistor device on each platform since Win98. When I switched from parallel to serial. Works fine on XP, Win7, and Mac. Single most important thing is junking Norton, McAfee or anything other than Microsoft's Security Essentials.

Also Wayne's suggestion on priority does work at least on Win7.

I would also suggest looking at what junk is in the startup file and eliminating most of it.

BTW I have tried opto's and have used them but correctly sinking the PTT and getting FSK to work is harder tho with a resistance substitution box easy enough. But the resister varies even on the same model of rig that you might be using. A generic 1K or 1500 ohms doesn't work very well.

Jay