Re: [WriteLog] CW direct keying

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW direct keying
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:41:11 +0300
Unfortunately you will find that writelog does not work while almost any other piece of software I have tried, works (dx4win, logger, n1mm). Writelog needs to improve this but Wayne told abt it in the past that he does not want to try to improve cw and we must go and buy winkey because is cheap. Of course behaviour like this, has led writelog to be in the 4th place between contesting software. I have learned to use writelog, I like it, I have learned to reset the winkey (guess winkey has also problems!!), I have bought and use the latest version but I am not pleasant with writelog because of problems like this and finally I would like to see the software I use in 1st place. Unfortunately the right persons has not asked for this until now. So don't try more because you loose time from your dxpedition. Enjoy the dxpedition.

73 Kostas SV1DPI

Στις 9/7/2014 10:51 μμ, ο/η Darren Collins (G0TSM) έγραψε:
I re-hooked up the direct keying interface and tried changing the priority in the Windows task manager, but it made no difference, same issue kept cropping up, even with anti-virus disabled on the near-vannilla Win7 32bit installation. Incidentally it is the same for RTTY but is harder to hear the problem when TXing, the rtty QSOs were taking longer due to callers repeating their exchanges as I was sending un-decodable replies. As a test I tried Logger32 directly keying the same interface in CW and RTTY (it's a dual rtty/cw direct keying interface) and that ran smoothly so i'll need to do some more investigating.

73 Darren G0TSM