Re: [WriteLog] Enter sends exch/QRZ?

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Enter sends exch/QRZ?
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:02:47 -0700
There is a reason for "test" at the end of a CQ on CW or putting "CQ" at the
end of a CQ message on RTTY.

When S&P and tuning upon a signal and hearing (or decoding) only a callsign (or
partial callsign), it is not known if the station you just tuned is running or
calling someone who is running. This is particularly maddening on RTTY. With
the "CQ" at the end, you know exactly what's going on and don't have to wait
for another CQ message to be sent.

73, Don AA5AU