Re: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial Slowing Down for big Logs

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial Slowing Down for big Logs
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 20:37:07 +0200
Have you tried the same with heavy clusters spots? I always have the impression that clusters slow down writelog

73 Kostas SV1DPI

On 6/12/2015 12:45 πμ, Tom Georgens wrote:
Hi Ron

I am running a Lenovo X200, 2.4 GHz, 3GB, laptop running XP.  I had a
comparable number of QSO's and did not notice any material slowdown.  The
CPU was also acting as a DVK and running custom wattmeter and station
control software using 8 com ports.

If it is the machine, I suspect it will be more about the memory than the
CPU speed.

FWIW, I do see Writelog slow down occasionally.  Usually if you stop and
restart Writelog a bunch of times, it seems to slow down.  This is
especially true after it crashes.   A CPU restart generally restores it to
normal.  Also, if it is having network trouble, the performance will lag.

73

Tom W2SC 8P5A