Re: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial Slowing Down for big Logs

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Super Check Partial Slowing Down for big Logs
From: "Ron Dohmen" <ron@n0at.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:29:01 -0600
Here is some more information on the SCP slowdown.

The only function that slows down is the Super Check Partial window.    I've
been playing around with it today.  It goes pretty fast through the 10,000
QSOs in the log, as these are shown in green.  Then there is about a 2
second delay before it starts showing the calls from the MASTER.DTA file,
these are shown in black.  It is like the super check partial processing is
completely separate from the rest of the program.  None of the other
Writelog windows or Writelog functions slow down.  We can run at a  rate of
600/hr for M/2, with computers networked,  with no slowdown; only the SCP
window slows.

I tried:
- dockscreen clean-up.   Writelog.ini looks good.  No excess entries here.
Writelog was installed about a year ago on this machine.
- Spots coming in. For my test set up here, I'm not connected to and have
the packet window closed with no difference.
- Computer performance.   This computer has 8G of memory and a combo
SSD/rotating hard drive.  I changed settings in the power options and system
options with no difference.
- Background processes running.  I shut down all the background process I
could easily find. No difference.
- In looking at the resources, I see all Writelog processes are using .6% of
available memory.   At idle, Writelog is using close to 0% of CPU resources.
When I enter a call in the entry window, and Writelog is updating the SCP
window, the CPU resources goes up to 1.8%.  I do not see any Disk resources
until I enter a call into the log.

It may be sometime before I'm setting in front of a log with 10,000 QSOs
again, so I have plenty of time to work on this.  Thanks for all the
suggestions.

73 de Ron N0AT