Re: [WriteLog] M2 mult station setup

To: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] M2 mult station setup
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:54:29 -0400
I am not by any means an expert on this as I only do SO2R and have done
just one M2 in the early days before much of the current strategy was
formulated with multiple rigs per station.

I believe the rules require you to have a hardware lockout. In my case my
SO2R controller ensures that the two transmitters are never on air at the
same time.

With regard to M2 and the other MS and even MM the evolving strategies may
make it difficult for software solutions. When I add a third rig I know
WriteLog will support it BUT I will have to ensure that it is not on air
with any other transmitters etc. I couldn't expect WriteLog to mirror my
strategy of using 3 or 4 rigs.

So I do think that the issues of rig lockouts should be addressed in
hardware because the rules require that.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards Dean 8P2K

Dean St. Hill

Barbados.JustAskLocals.com