Re: [WriteLog] Serial port card for Windows 10 64?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial port card for Windows 10 64?
From: Gordon LaPoint <gordon.lapoint@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 07:08:43 -0400
Steve,
    There is only one USB to serial adapter that I have found that will do FSK, the Digi Edgeport series. I have a 2 port and a 4 port, but they also  make 8 port versions.  They are very expensive new, but ebay has a bunch of NOS and used ones, mostly 8 port. for a low price.  I use them with mmtty (in DXLabs and N1MM and Writelog) and have no problems with FSK direct to the serial port. (NOT using extfsk!)

There are also pcie cards for 2 to 8 ports.  I have one StarTech (from amazon) that works fine, but the Edgeports are better because they will work with any computer, including laptops, to give you "Real" serial ports.

Gordon - N1MGO