Re: [WriteLog] Serial port card for Windows 10 64?

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial port card for Windows 10 64?
From: Steve Forst via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 10:26:34 -0400
Tnx for all the replies.  I will  save this info for future reference.

My 10 year old, no name, 4 port USB to serial adapter that has done FSK fine over the years, began acting odd when I tried FT8 on 160 and 80 meters. The TS-890 would flip out and the PC would reboot, even at low power. I tried grounding the unit to the station ground, and added more ferrites to the cables involved. Just tried a few 500 watt FT8 test tones on 160 with no bad results.

Hopefully I am good.  Tnx again for all the info.

Steve KW3A