Re: [WriteLog] Serial port card for Windows 10 64?

To: "'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial port card for Windows 10 64?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 22:04:26 -0500
Hi Steve. I use a 4-port Syba SD-PEX15011 PCI Express card in my Dell 3847
Windows 10 PC (it was originally Windows 8 when I installed the card). It
works great. I think I bought it from Newegg. I use one port for radio
control of my Icom, one port for radio control of my Kenwood, one port for
FSK/CW/PTT using a simple transistor interface and the other port is for
rotor control.

In June 2017, I received a report from Rich, K3RWN, that this card would not
work in his HP Pavillion. He did have success with the SI-PEX15038 which is
also a 4-port card.

I did build a Mortty and it works well too. I use it on my Kenwood whenever
I occasionally do SO2R RTTY on a single PC.

Hope this helps.

Don AA5AU