[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:39:19 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - September 18

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      5
   40:  25     15
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  33     28  Total Score = 660

Club:

Comments:

The first ten minutes went about as well for me as they ever have with 16 QSOs
in the log, all on 40M.  As you can see from the total, things then slowed
down.  I listened and called many CQs on 20M, but heard noone.  I lost a few
minutes in the second stanza switching out a coax stub (been doing some work on
better isolating the stations), but after I worked everyone who was relatively
loud here on 40M--with the exception of K6VVA who continues to have a big sig
into EPA every week, but whom I didn't catch this time--I was then left using
the 43 ft. vertical on 80M, which just isn't good for much more than what I did
with it tonight.  All in all, great fun.  If I can just figure out how to make
those rates from the first ten minutes tonight persist deeper into the sprint!
Thanks to all for the QSOs!

Rigs: K3, TS-940S
Antennas: 43 ft. vertical, phased Hy-Gain AV-14AVQs for 40M/20M

73,

Joe
WI2E