[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sat, 16 May 98 15:41:00 -0500
>>The original parallel circuit disappeared in step 2 when we transformed
>>it into its series-equivalent. There is absolutely no bar to treating
>>the series-equivalent circuit just like any other series circuit.
>
>I do not believe it.

He is correct, Rich.  Sorry.  He hasn't made any illegal moves.

>>By the way, if the move I made isn't "legal", all your pi-tanks just
>>stopped working!
>>
>A pi-network tank is not the same thing

A pi network Tank is a resonant LC circuit consisting of both parallel
and series resonances.  You can transform a pi-net into an equivalent
T-net, etc. by using series to parallel conversions.

So while a pi-net might serve a different function than a supressor
network, the RF theory behind it is the same.  It's all the same concept
and math.

73,

Jon
KE9NA