[AMPS] Bargain basement broadband tetrode amp question(s)...dead horse??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bargain basement broadband tetrode amp question(s)...dead horse??
From: g3yyn@gofree.co.uk (peter spurr)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:10:34 +0100
Microwave  ovens are certainly a great salvage opportunity.  I have done
several sucessful low voltage  rewinds/modifications to the UK 240V 600W
variety of transformer. For reduced voltage the hv secondary wire can be
scraped and solder tapped if the winding  edge is sufficiently open.  (Care
required to avoid shorted layers and liberal use of silicon rubber on the
joint ) But it should be noted  that the voltage  load regulation is poor.
Definitely a problem in  ssb plate applications. Various suggestions to
alleviate this,  including a center tapped pair of transformers in a full
wave bridge, have been published in the UK Radio Communication over the last
decade.

Peter