[AMPS] Noises in electrolytic capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Noises in electrolytic capacitors
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:23:19 -0400
> A suggestion would be to either have one set as the main
> bleeder/equalizer set with a high value in parallel as a backup, or
> have parallel resistors of twice the value.

In the case of equal value parallel resistors, the capacitors would
have to be rated at twice the normal operating voltage.

Otherwise you gain nothing.

Using a high value and low value in parallel would really be
wasteful.

If the resistors serve the purpose of bleeders only, and not
equalization, then two systems in parallel is a worthwhile
idea...except for the following condition:.

anyone who depends on bleeders to guarantee no HV after a given
period of time is a fool, and we should let Darwin's selective
evolution theory go to work and cull him out of the gene pool.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com