Re: [Amps] New Panasonic Tube Radio

To: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Panasonic Tube Radio
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:47:20 -0600
There's a heap of small manufacturers building tube gear.  A few companies
are selling at more-or-less realistic prices, but most are selling their
tube products for enormously high prices.

There's a manufacturer selling an amplifier, using a pair of 304TL's in
parallel, for $85,000.  Doesn't make much smoke, either.

I still use tube gear in my audio system.  I can't say tubes sound "better"
than SS, but they do sound different.  And. to me, at least, the tube gear
is more fun.

Besides, aside from my boatanchors, justifies my tube-checker.

73,

Barrie, W7ALW