Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker

To: dezrat1242@ispwest.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:58:31 EST

In a message dated 11/13/04 9:40:48 AM Central Standard Time,
dezrat1242@ispwest.com writes:

Which makes me wonder if it  wouldn't be good to have our AC power
lines run at about 1000 Hz or  so.  No more shocks, no more accidental
electrocutions.  The  worst that could happen would be a burn.
Something to think about,  eh?

I know the arguments against it - transmission loss being the  most
significant - but someday when houses have their own little  nuclear
generators and are "off the grid" it might be something to  consider.

 Actually, the power transmission would be much more efficient as the
transformers and capacitors could be made much smaller.

Regards,

Dennis O.