Re: [Amps] Dual GS35b input impedance

To: K7RDX <k7rdx@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dual GS35b input impedance
From: Tony King - W4ZT <amps@w4zt.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:08:05 -0500
I discussed this problem with a friend of mine who suggested a very
simple way to pick your pair of tubes for similar emission.  He
suggested using my filament jig but this could be done in any amp
chassis.  With proper filament voltage on one tube, apply only a few
hundred volts to the anode of the tube. Note the anode current. Doing
the same thing with the other tube(s) will give you an idea of how well
their static balance is.  Of course this wont tell you anything about
how they will respond to drive but adjusting static bias probably wont
either.

73, Tony W4ZT

K7RDX wrote:
I have built three GS-35b HF decks and tested at least twelve tubes and I
can verify with Jeff the fact you probably won`t find a pair of these tubes
that are real close to the same specs as far as grid bias,etc. I personally
would use seperate bias control for each tube if building a pair...There are
a lot better tubes out there for multi-tube decks.My opinion, of
course...Why not use a single YC-156?  Jim.