Re: [Amps] Parasitic suppression kits

To: "Dennis" <pegasus@mho.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitic suppression kits
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:18:13 -0600
   I wasn't in on earlier communications in this thread, but I can say one
thing first hand.  I had a persnickity AL-80 that was taking off with a
loud firecracker "BANG" about every tenth time I hit the mic key...
For a while I thought it was arching in the plate condenser.  (I didn't
know much then)  Then one day I happened to be looking at the grid
current meter as it went off.  It slammed so hard against the pin I was
surprised it was surviving these attacks.  So I dug in to the problem
and  heard about the Measures suppressor kit.  I spent the $7 or $8 (at
the time) and put it in.  Since that very day it has been rock stable
and never uttered a pop.

It would be most informative and interesting if you could measure the
resistance of the old suppressor resistors you took out.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC