Re: [Amps] LEDs for Pilot Lamps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LEDs for Pilot Lamps
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:21:42 -0700
I have used LEDs quite a few times for lamp replacement, and there are a
couple of neat sites on the Internet to ease the chore of figuring the
resistor ... the neatest one lately is this:
http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator
Also, there are wide-angle lens LEDs available that cost a buck or so more
than regular, but are worth it if you are going to be lighting a large
area... like, meter, backlight dial, etc...  check Mouser, etc....
I like the idea of replacing the "blub" once in a lifetime!
73 --- Mark   AA6DX