Re: [Amps] Sierra Electronics 5kW load/meter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sierra Electronics 5kW load/meter
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:37:33 -0500
Does not look to be able to handle 5KW rms, maybe peak pulse only.  I have
the Palstar DL5K.  It is quite a bit larger and has two large fans to help
keep the two huge resistors cool.  The resistors are about 2 inches in
diameter by 12 inches long!  Even so, it is rated at 5KW for about 30
seconds and 1KW continuous.

73, Keith NM5G