Re: [Amps] Clean -vs- Unclean

To: "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@comcast.net>,"peter.voelpel" <peter.voelpel@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clean -vs- Unclean
From: "k0dan" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:15:19 -0600
Hi Tom...

Not sure this will give you the path you need, but the MP (I don't have a
MK-V but think they're the same in this respect?) has an A/B ant RX port.
It's intended to allow use of Beverage or separate antenna for some bands. I
use that input, with a simple switch, to attach a 2-port receiver
multicoupler which allows an outboard receiver to be used alongside your MP
(and PTT lifts the RF off it!). In the past I've used an 8-port active
multicoupler to drive a whole rack of receivers.

Only limitation is the aux RX port is behind the MP's bandpass filters, so
your outboard RX's need to be in (or at least close to) the band selected by
the MP. Also, the 2-port multicoupler  is about 3dB down, due to splitting
(it's a passive device), but that could be compensated by a preamp...most
times on HF, the 3dB difference is not an issue.

Anyway, that's a way to get another RX involved...any comparators or other
switching used for diversity switching, are downline from the antenna ports!

As to your 1000D, I've never used one, but am still impressed with how well
they hold their price and demand...must mean you should keep it!

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN