Re: [Amps] [BULK] - DIN stands for....?

To: Bert Almemo <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - DIN stands for....?
From: "m.ford" <k1ern@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:06:04 -0500
From: "Bert Almemo" <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
To: "'Bill NY9H'" <ny9h@arrl.net>; <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:39 PM

> The DIN connector is one of most sold multi-pin connectors in the world in
> that size and price range. If it's half as bad as you guys want us to
> believe it would never have seen the light of day.

I was waiting for the between series adapter market to appear back in the
seventies.

> To be a little more constructive. Please  mention another comparable
> connector with the same multi-pin features, size and price range. I hope you
> don't say Molex, which was born in the same era as RCA, because that's also
> a dated connector almost never used in modern equipment...   Except maybe in
> cheap ham stuff!! :-)

I like the modern cheap version of the Jones plug. There was one on the rotor
box
for my C.A.T.S system that I recently purchased. My gripe with DIN is that most
of them are made from grain fed crap. The Molex is made from some other form
of the same stuff except that it gets brittle with age and breaks before makes
(pun).

Anybody got seed money for the between series idea?

Mike  k1ern