Re: [Amps] Transformers in series

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformers in series
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:30:59 -0500
What gets me is why the transformer manufacturers dont use at least a striped
and solid wire for each winding showing the phase. All the phase is, is the
start and stop of each winding where in paralell both starts are wired
together, and both stops are. In series of course this is different. Every
transformer I've designed and ordered, I had the phase shown by different color
wire. The primary in mine was always white and black. Most use two greys or
blacks like the EIA code which I think sucks. If nothing else, use the code and
use a striped color for one lead.

Best,

Will