[Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220
From: Ed Dial <diale@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:39:08 -0500
Gentlemen,

I need opinions from the experts that live here. I have an SB-220
that does an excellent job on the pre-WARC bands, however it doesn't
like 12 and 17 meters very well, thanks to the tuned input circuit
from what I understand. I noticed that the good folks at LDG
Electronics is now selling a stripped version of their AT-100
autotuner as the AT-100AMP, marketed as an RF amplifier tuned input
board for homebrews and the like. My question is, could this board be
fitted into the SB-220 without much pain? Would this solve the WARC problem?

If so, would it work in the SB-200 as well? I have no clue with 572s.

Lazy and looking for the simple way out -

Ed
WA4RYW