Re: [Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220

To: "'Ed Dial'" <diale@mindspring.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220
From: "noddie" <noddie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:10:22 -0800
The AT-100AMP is what I am going to use on my SB-221, I wish it had been
around when I build a tuned input board for my Clippertron L, all the other
tuned input boards do not work on the WARC bands and cost 150 dollars
compared to 125 dollars for the AT-100AMP and this board is automatic with
memories.  The only thing you will have to watch out for is that your RF
choke does not resonate on the WARC bands.  I changed my choke to the RF
Parts one at a cost of 25 bucks, it works for 3-500's and 572b's and will
not resonate on the WARC bands.

Mike

Gentlemen,

I need opinions from the experts that live here. I have an SB-220
that does an excellent job on the pre-WARC bands, however it doesn't
like 12 and 17 meters very well, thanks to the tuned input circuit
from what I understand. I noticed that the good folks at LDG
Electronics is now selling a stripped version of their AT-100
autotuner as the AT-100AMP, marketed as an RF amplifier tuned input
board for homebrews and the like. My question is, could this board be
fitted into the SB-220 without much pain? Would this solve the WARC problem?

If so, would it work in the SB-200 as well? I have no clue with 572s.

Lazy and looking for the simple way out -

Ed
WA4RYW