Re: [Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220

To: "'Roger D Johnson'" <n1rj@adelphia.net>,"'k7rdx'" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:20:54 -0500

You can look in Bill Orr's handbook and he says you need 13 pf/meter of
capacitance at the cathode for proper operation. That's 1040pf on 80 meters.

Then figure out what L network values are needed to match the particular
tubes input impedance to your 50 ohm driver. In most cases you will find the
capacitance will fall short of the 13 pf/ meter value.

Here is a handy calculator to do it.

http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Research/RF/projects/60GHz/matching/ImpMatch.h
tml

73