Re: [Amps] attaching a heat spreader to a heat sink

To: <rbonner@qro.com>, "'Amps Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] attaching a heat spreader to a heat sink
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:01:32 -0400
Machine shops charge set up time as well as actual machining, it could get
expensive.
One simple way to be sure a surface is flat is to lay a sheet of wet/dry
sandpaper on a flat pane of glass. Use plenty of water and a back and forth
motion with moderate pressure. You may need another pair of hands.

 I use this method on old warped carburetor bowls, aluminum timing covers,
etc for antique Ford flathead V8's that I rebuild. It also works great on
rotator housings.

Carl
KM1H