Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA

To: carlseye@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:20:25 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2007 4:43:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
carlseye@verizon.net writes:

Lou:  curiosity here.!! After replacing the grid resistors you  said you also
changed input voltage to 220;  did you not check the output  power after
changing resistors BUT , before changing to 220 input power.!!  Just wondering
if
there might be some difference here.!!!

carl /  kz5ca

Carl, No, the first data tests were done with 120 volt line with the
original resistors.  The second test was with new 33 ohm gold banded  resistors
and
220 volt line.  I should have done the tests with all the  same line voltage.
My experience withe these amps tells me that the closer  the 33 ohm resistors
are to 33 ohms and the closer they are "together" in value  makes for a more
stable amplifier.  This amp worked OK the way the original  resistors were, but
worked better when they were changed.

My whole point of the posting was to share the information I have
experienced first hand.  There was a posting recently about not enough  people
"sharing
information",  so since I have experienced this first hand  I thought I would
report on it.  That's  all.......Lou