Re: [Amps] stability of amps

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] stability of amps
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:39:09 -0400
> I see that the Ameritron AL-572 that you may have worked
> on required neutraliztion. Looks to be a copy of the
> 1960's Heath Warrior.

Well you start on Karl and then try to flame me. Never
really happy with anyone who disagrees with you are you?
:-)

Seriously Carl if you can settle down a bit and quit
flaming, good or accurate engineering often repeats itself.
It does so with anyone looking at the other gear.

For example anyone who understands electromagnetics
including mutual coupling and phase shift in reactances
given a set of design limits could easily "invent" the Yagi
without having ever seen a Yagi. That's the beauty of
science and engineering.

Neutralization is a very simple concept. There are only a
few ways to do it correctly and so it would have to repeat
in a similar application.

It's BAD engineering that shows a copycat. When something is
wrong in one piece of gear and another company suddenly has
the same design error, then you know they either won the LID
lottery or they copied.

Whether or not sloppy mistakes repeat is the difference
between engineering and copying ideas. Not when viable
practical solutions appear in multiple places.

73 Tom