[Amps] RF Parts Channel; Television Broadcast Equipment

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF Parts Channel; Television Broadcast Equipment
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:28:38 -0800
Folks:

I am curious, if the coming Television transition to Digital, is releasing on
the surplus market large numbers of various QRO RF components useful to Ham amp
builders?   I dont know the typical lineup of power levels at various stages in
the TX TV chain, but perhaps drivers, for the PA have components we are used to
seeing/using.  What is the channel in the industry, that swaps, and reuses, or
disposes in some way,  the old TX system components that all TV stations will
be swapping out?   Do new station suppliers, merely take in the old equipment
trade ins from the customers, and then ship them elsewhere?  Overseas?

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Project Manager,  Jamesburg Moonbounce Team