Re: [Amps] filament on 3cpx800

To: "George Cortez Jr" <ne2i@optonline.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament on 3cpx800
From: "David Craig" <davidhcraig@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:38:38 -0500
    You are going to kill the tubes prematurely.  Working on a similar issue
here- the alternatives were using the 12.6VAC tap to build a DC supply (12.6
x 1.414) & then regulating it down to 13.5VDC.  Alternatively, get a Hammond
115/14VCT, 28VA transformer 166L14 & a .33 ohm dropping resistor.  If you
need the transformer/R let me know- I ordered them Thursday from Mouser &
then changed my mind (for other reasons) & opted for a new B+ transformer
which has a 13.5VAC filament tap.

    73 N3DB