Re: [Amps] 4-1000A neutralization

To: "'Robert Perdue'" <kc0hfl@cox.net>, "'Mike K4EAR'" <hinrgdj1@comcast.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-1000A neutralization
From: "alexeban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:09:15 +0300
The suppressor seems too small to me!
I would expect to see about 2 to 4 turns of that copper strap, about 1 inch
in diameter. As for the oscillation frequency, an educated guess would be
80-90 MHz, typical of those tubes.
BTW the mere fact that it breaks into oscillation at 3kV, is indicative of
the cross coupled oscillator mechanism being in effect. Cross neutralization
and/or a baffle shield between the tubes might be of help too.
Alex    4Z5KS