Re: [Amps] I dont accept answers to why did Heath die?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] I dont accept answers to why did Heath die?
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:06:01 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 02:28:36 +0000, Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Sorry, but I do not accept the answers to why there are no more ham Heathkits,
>at least today.

REPLY:

One more reason not mentioned so far is the cost of customer support.
When the kit is built and doesn't work, the phone calls begin, not to
mention the possibility of shipping it back and forth.

Regardless whether the assembler made an error or a part is actually
bad, those problems would be caught in a regular manufacturing plant
and fixed much more cheaply, I'm sure.

73, Bill W6WRT