Re: [Amps] HB amps - what you can build with no tools

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HB amps - what you can build with no tools
From: "Jeff Blaine AC0C" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 01:32:52 -0600
Gary,

In stressing over the "how much debur is enough debur" kind of thing (fill
in the blank with whatever mechanical challenge you had on a given build) I
got to thinking - rather than focusing on making this one perfect (meaning
an end unto itself) - I started to think of these projects more as stepping
stones - where none of them would be "perfect" but that with each build,
skills are polished and ideas are born.  I suppose that HB in general and
chess share the common theme of "easy to learn but it takes a life time to
master."

So I am completely satisfied with the results of this first go around - but
in another sense - dissatisfied because I know what other more cool things I
could do the next time.  Just need to come up with that time, money and
effort budget that everyone faces.

73/jeff/ac0c