Re: [Amps] 'good engineering'

To: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 'good engineering'
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 06:20:38 -0700
Wow - touched a nerve on that one, didn't I? Any legally-operating ham
would just say "Nonsense, I always operate legally" or words to that
effect. I see nothing remotely like that in your drivel below.

My comments are interspersed. Jom's quotes start with ##

>## I'm on AMPS.. and  the yahoo ham_amps... and that's it. You say
>you have built 5 x amps.. why not post the pix on ham_amps... like
>I did?  I posted 150+  pix on there.  Where's  yours ?

Since you asked so nicely, I took one just for you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/w6wrt/4466281557/

That's a power meter right next to it. You are probably not familiar
with this model since it only goes to 3kW, which I have never come
close to by the way. What do you use? Something the VOA would be proud
of, no doubt?

>## Remember that argument
>about how a simple tuned input works, and how, without one,  the return
>current is via the coax shield going back to the xcvr, then up through the
>load cap of xcvr.. and back down center conductor, back to cathode. You
>still  don't believe it, even after  Tony King posted the Orr classic diagram
>on the other reflector.  I bet you $1000.00  CASH, that's  how it works.IOW,
>put up or shut up.

The Orr Classic diagram proved nothing because the supposed "return
path" you were so hot about actually ended in mid-air and wasn't
connected to anything. Remember? Where's my money?

>##You vanish into thin air for a while... and come over to AMPS.

I was a charter member of ham_amps, but the illegal-amp crap from you
CB rejects finally got to be too much. I came to this reflector to be
with some hams who have respect for the rules. But then you came.
Arrrrrrgh.  I do notice you have toned down your illegal-amp rhetoric
a lot on this reflector. How come? A little chat with the moderator
perhaps? Or just a guilty conscience?

>Now ur spewing BS, about how RF  bores right through solid 1/8" AL.

Proven by two independent experiments with copper sheet, not aluminum
and it never was about anything 1/8" thick. Pay attention.

>Very few in the uk-zl-vk-zs  land obey their 400w  rule.  Nobody in Italy
>obeys their 300w  rule.   Would you ?   How  come  20 kw ERP is ok...
>with stacked yagi's  on big tower's ?

Earlier in your post you said you never justify your bad behavior by
pointing to other's bad behavior. What do you call the above?

>##  Just for the record,  I had my ham license suspended  for 2 x weeks
>back in 1977.. over RFI/TVI.      I had my license suspended   for 6 x months
>about 5 yrs ago. If I'm not at the top of their bad boy list, I'm 2nd from the
>top.
>The 2nd suspension was over ant's.
<snip>
>## City hall wants my  license revoked permanently.
>I made page 1 of the local paper about 6 x now.

More evidence of a scofflaw mentality.

>##   There is almost 600
>of us on the yahoo amp reflector.... how come you left ?

Lids like you, as mentioned previously.

 >##Where's my  $1000.00 ??  Would
>you like to bet another $1000.00 cash that RF won't pass through 1/8" thick
>AL plate.

I never agreed to any bet, but if you insist, I'd say you owe me $2k.
CBA is fine, thanks.

73, Bill W6WRT