[Amps] Can I cool too much the tubes?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Can I cool too much the tubes?
From: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
I have an old Ten Tec Centurion with brand new matched pair of 3-500Z tubes. I
plan on running the amp for 48 hours during the upcoming CQ WW RTTY contest. My
previous experience with the amp during long RTTY operation is that it gets too
hot and it goes in standby mode unless I drive it at 400 W.
So I have decided to use a computer fan to pump over 160 CFM of air out of the
case. The original Ten Tec fan is rated at a much lower capacity. Is there a
risk of running the tubes too cool if I have a much higher air flow?

73, Rudy N2WQ