Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors

To: amps@contesting.com, dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:46:45 -0800 (PST)
The 1400 pf capacitor that I am using is over 2 inches in diameter and about
3/4ths inch thick!  I "hope" that it can "take" the current!  :>)

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Mon, 2/28/11, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:

Depends on the doorknob. I have used Russian made doorknobs for years as tune
padders on 160 with no problems. You want ones that are physically large and
heavy, just like the Russkies make them. Lots available on eBay.

I agree that the little Centralab doorknobs that are about the size of a grape
are no good for carrying lots of RF current. Let the Russians do the heavy
lifting.  :-)