Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:32:53 -0500
Real Centralab and other US RF doorknobs are mostly 5, 7.5, and 15KV in the
most common 2 sizes. The caps in Heath SB amps are cheap non RF rated that
will often do bad things on 10M.

Check out High Energy Corp for what is currently in production.

There are also Teflon disc caps being used but I dont have any
manufactrurers names handy.

Carl
KM1H