Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors
From: "Diane and Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:39:56 -0500
Hi Guys,

All this talk about door knob capacitors only serves to remind me of all of
the many travails & troubles that I've had over the years, using them as
padders in both the plate loading and plate tuning side of my kilowatt input
pi-network set-ups...

The solution in each and every case here...? Direct replacements with
properly pre-set air variable capacitors.

Lucky for me, both of my homebrew designs had room to spare inside them that
I could make the switch...NO REGRETS---and no more problems---either!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ