Re: [Amps] Item # 170692212503

To: "Roger \(sub1\)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Item # 170692212503
From: "Roman Hanovych" <us5wdx@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:32:20 +0300
Hi Roger,

it looks like he just copied the text from the ad. written years ago.

GU-91B were never plentiful and easy to get for everyone,
but those who really wanted it to have allways had a good chanses,
and still are today, although 91's are usually very expensive these days,
with prices between 500 and 1000$ or even more,
one have to look very intensively russian markets to get it
at occassional 100-200$ price.

He included a picture of insides of the amp, and it is not so
hard to see that there is enough space there to replace
that tube with something much cheaper and available
in thousands, not in dozens like GU-91, when time of that
tube will come to its end. But as a collector's item the new owner
of Alpha 6 may not like that idea :).

Very nice DX conditions on 21/24 Mc today, hopefully
28 and 50 finally open up this autumn season
 with so many interesting expeditions getting ready to start.

73,
Roman US5WDX.