Re: [Amps] Silver plated Cu strap sources?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silver plated Cu strap sources?
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:33:04 +0000
I recently got some surplus silver plated copper straps, entirely for
free. They came from a large power generating plant, that had its whole
exciter system replaced. But these strips might be a little large for
use in the plate tank of a tube amplifier: They are 40mm wide, 5mm
thick, with nicely rounded edges, and the silver plating is very thick,
seems to be like 0.2mm! They are good for about a kiloampere.

They will become part of my watercooled Mosfet amp, as base plates of
the water blocks.

Manfred.