Re: [Amps] Has anyone ever actually build an 833A linear?

To: Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Has anyone ever actually build an 833A linear?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 04:44:04 -0600
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com> wrote:

> The whole affair was rather short lived in terms of a lifetime. Too big,
> looked like a Frankenstein machine and damm near killed me when I got
> careless. But is was a valuable lesson learned at the early age of 15.
> Helped me make this far anyway. But is sure got me hooked on glow.

Shoot, what you have described sounds like a damn fine piece of gear
and way better than the "consumer ham" cheap stuff manufactured today.
 Too bad you don't have it still.  It could probably sit there and
quietly put out RF with little or no cooling at any high duty cycle
all day while its modern day companions melt down.

73

Rob
K5UJ