Re: [Amps] FW: Power factor correction on tube amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: Power factor correction on tube amps
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:43:25 -0400
On 3/10/2013 12:01 PM, Ward Silver wrote:
Having worked on the design, development, verification, and validation
of life-critical medical devices (cardiac defibrillators), I can
categorically state that process matters.  A lot.

This confuses me a bit. Any medical device, including computer systems used for testing and data collection, plus equipment in the network is rigidly controlled by FDA "validation" which is far more detailed, rigid, and contains penalties for non conformance compared to ISO

As I said earlier, ISO can be an effective tool when properly implemented and understood, but in the case of medical devices, I'd expect FDA validation to be far more effective and restrictive.

73

Roger (K8RI)

 ISO-9xxx is not
appropriate for most manufacturing but if your life hangs in the
balance, you had better hope and pray that the manufacturers of whatever
instrument is about to help you see another day take their process
seriously.  People expressing the attitude that ISO-9xxx had "no benefit
at all" were vigorously encouraged to find another line of work and
quickly.  When the product use environment is both complex and
high-risk, design and production processes are absolutely critical.

73, Ward N0AX

>ISO docs mainly describe the work process and record keeping in detail,
>but not the product itself.
REPLY:
Exactly why it's a waste of time. Nobody cares about the "work process".
They care about the product.

A company can be in full compliance and still turn out junk.
Carefully documented junk.

ISO 9xxx is a perfect example of bureaucratic meddling with no benefit at
all.

Wise up, people.

73, Bill W6WRT