Re: [Amps] 572b

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572b
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 19:14:16 -0700
On 5/2/2013 3:32 PM, MU 4CX250B wrote:
I'm afraid I don't understand why the plate dissipation would affect
longevity, provided the tubes have adequate cooling. Exceeding rated
grid current or plate current, or using the wrong filament voltage
could kill the tubes, as could  inadequate cooling, but I don't see
why running the tubes at their rated dissipation with plenty of air
would shorten tube life, if all other tube parameters were within
specs,

That's because you are interested in the emission capabilities. If it wont even make the plate dissipation rating, something is wrong.

Look up the tube data sheet and see what the max plate current should be. The tube should be capable of this figure as a minimum. You are really checking the emission.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73,
Jim w8zr