Re: [Amps] Using old amps on WARC query

To: "Charles Harpole" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Using old amps on WARC query
From: "Pete N4KW" <n4kwpete@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 09:09:58 -0400
I have an old Alpha 78, one in the same as the 76 except for the "Bandpass tuning" I believe. My 78 works fine on 18 meters using the manual tuning and bandswitch on 21 mhz.
73 Pete N4KW

Please anyone can tell me the factors to consider, including burning tank components, when operating old linear amplifiers on the WARC bands, especially 12 meters.

Alpha 76 PAC meaning the 3 tube version.
TenTec Titan One
Dentron DTR-2000
ICOM IC-2KL

All these amps have factory-type conversions to TEN meters already done. The Alpha has the swamping input taken out. Other than that, all amps are stock.

Thanks for all specific info... 73,

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com